Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weekly Reflection 1- Introduction to the Course

Weekly Reflection 1
10/2/2014

Today was the first lecture of the course MPT 1483- Visual Technology Production. The lecturer who introduced the course outline with marks allocation was Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jamaluddin Harun and Dr. Nurbina A. Shukor. Dr. Jamaluddin was responsible to teach on the photography skills for the first half semester while Dr. Nurbina would continue on photographic software for the next half semester. The summary of the course outline was attached at the end of this post.

The purpose I registered this course was simply to explore more on the photography world. We all know what is a camera and yet how to fully discover the potential of a camera shoots birds down. The adding knowledge on camera and the skills to take a better photo drove me to grab a seat in this course. I truly hope after this course I could advance my ability in taking photos and understanding in camera.

For the first class, there was roughly fifteen students which I believed there will be more candidates as some might not be able to join the class today and some might register this course in the near future. For my first impression, Dr. was a kind and humorous lecturer who was able to bring up the learning atmosphere in the class to ensure a better understanding to the contents. I clearly felt students enjoyed listening to his teachings and of course, he was able to guide us well.

The most interesting part in today's lecture was we're informed that we were able to borrow a DSL Camera from the department for self-learning purpose. What a lovely and unbelievable gift as a DSL camera was costly especially for us as students. This was a good news to give us a very first experience in using DSL before we decide to choose and buy our own DSL Camera. I was so excited to looking forward for my learning in this course.

The class ended after the introduction was clearly described. Dr. Jamaluddin reminded us to check on elearning updates regularly and the topics for next week's presentations were given which were listed as below:
1) General Issues (Types of Camera)
2) DSL Camera
3) Nikon VS Canon

As a beginner in exploring the world of photography, I've chosen the first topic as my presentation next week. The reflection would be updated for the 2nd week's reflection.






No comments:

Post a Comment